Laurent Clerc National Deaf Education Center at Gallaudet University
The Clerc Center website is full of up to date information for professionals and families of children and young people through the age of 21 who are deaf and hard of hearing. The Clerc Center's aim is "to be your one stop for deaf education resources."
Virginia Network of Consultants (VNOC)
VNOC was created by the Virginia Department of Eduction, in collaboration with the Virginia Department of Health, and the Partnership for People with Disabilities at Virginia Commonwealth University. VNOC provides consultant services for children who are deaf or hard of hearing in school divisions and state operated programs in Virginia. Their programs are designed to promote and enhance educational services for the child or provide needed training for personnel.
VNOC professionals have expertise in one or more of the following areas as they relate to children who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- Instructional strategies;
- Sign language proficiency and interpreting;
- Communication methodologies (American Sign Language, Signed English, Contact Variety Sign language, Cued Speech, Listening and Spoken Language);
- Amplification needs;
- Assistive technology;
- Meeting the needs of students with cochlear implants; and
- Assessment (Educational, Psychological, Communication, Speech/Language,
- More information about VNOC services.